About our organization
The World Agroforestry Centre (also known as the International Centre for Research in Agroforestry or ICRAF) is an independent research institution which generates science‐based knowledge about the complex role trees play in agricultural landscapes and rural livelihoods. As part of the Centre’s work to bring tree‐based solutions to bear on poverty and environmental problems, researchers – working in close collaboration with partners – are developing new technologies, tools and policy recommendations for increased food security and ecosystem health.
The Centre’s headquarters are located in Nairobi, Kenya, and research is conducted in 34 countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America. We are supported by the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR) and receive funding from over 50 different donors.
To learn more about our organization, please visit our website: www.worldagroforestry.org
About the position
Conduct research and development activities related to enhancing farmers’ livelihoods. The Agroforestry Specialist (Research Assistant) will also support applied market research activities. The position will be supervised directly by the District Coordinator and will be responsible to the Senior Team Leader. The primary duties and responsibilities are:
- Assist the District Coordinator to facilitate the development and improvement of agroforestry, forestry and nursery systems.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of i) training courses to enhance the agroforestry, forestry and nursery systems and farmers’ management skills; and ii) weekly/biweekly farmers’ groups visits to facilitate and monitor activities.
- Work closely with District Coordinator to prepare and develop biweekly/monthly workplans and progress reports
- Serve as technical resource person during training activities and farmers’ group visits.
- Design and implement training on priority agroforestry, forestry and nursery topics.
- Assist with the development and production of training material and related technical documents.
- Assist with applied market research activities and networking when necessary.
- Assist with the forming and strengthening of farmers’ groups and community organizations to participate in project activities.
- Liaise with farmers’ groups and other project partners.
- Process documentation (document activities/outputs, collect data, conduct surveys, write reports etc).
For a detailed Job Description please visit http://worldagroforestry.org/regions/southeast_asia/careers
- Minimum D3 or preferred S1 (horticulture, estate crops, forestry or related field).
- Five years’ experience in nursery‐related field work (research and/or development).
- Experience in community development/organizing and participatory methods.
- Strong team player and ability to work with diverse individuals and organizations.
- Good oral and written communication skills in both Indonesian and English.
- History of writing research and extension documents.
- Basic computer, administrative and documentation skills.
- Well organized; able to meet deadline, multitasking person and able to work under pressure
- Having interest in receiving feedback from others
Terms of offer
The World Agroforestry Centre is an equal opportunity employer and offers a collegial and gender‐sensitive working environment. We believe that staff diversity promotes excellence and strongly encourage applications from qualified women. This is a national position and will be for an initial period of one (1) year, renewable subject to 3 (three) months probation period, assessment of performance, continued relevance of the position and availability of resources.
How to apply
Applications for the position must include:
- A cover letter illustrating your suitability for the position against the listed requirements and salary expectations
- Detail curriculum vitae, including names and addresses of three referees, including telephone, fax numbers and email addresses.
All correspondence should be addressed to the Human Resources Unit, World Agroforestry Centre (ICRAF) Southeast Asia Regional Office via email: icrafsea‐email@example.com and should indicate “Application for AgFor Specialist” on their application letters and email submissions.
Applications will be considered until May 31, 2013 or until a suitable candidate is identified and selected. Please note that only short‐listed applicants meeting the above requirements will be contacted.
- About us
- Country Offices
- About Us
- Contact Us
- Viet Nam
- Contact Us