Capacity development through various training and education activities is a high priority for the World Agroforestry Centre and most of our scientific and administrative staff are actively involved in this.
The global Capacity Development Unit located at our headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya strives to assist our scientists and their partners in developing and strengthening capacity in areas related to our six global research priorities in the regions and countries where we work.
The World Agroforestry Cente regularly engages in critical discussions of our work through Science Seminar presentations Nairobi, which are attended by staff, partner organisations, and interested attendees. The seminars are instrumental as fora for staff and other scientists to get in touch with the work of other colleagues as well as share theirs.
- Share existing scientific knowledge
- Share new approaches and methods as well as old methods and approaches to do new science
- Share latest results from ongoing work
- Share new scientific directions for discussion
- Provide fundraisers with good materials to support requests
- Produce working papers from the seminars where necessary and
- Build capacity for young scientists
Seminars slides are posted on the intranet to ICRAF Staff outreach and slideshare on Capacity Development website under elearning.
The Capacity Development Unit operates an individual capacity programme whose aim is to build the capacity of individual scientists and institutions in agroforestry research.
Individual Capacity Aims at:
- Imparting ICRAF's experiences in agroforestry research and training to individuals and institutions with potential to multiply and share it
- Pooling together and co-ordinate agroforestry research capacity scattered in various institutions and disciplines to focus on common research issues and speed up the process of finding solutions
- Creating opportunities for exchange of information and the evolution of collaborative programmes among institutions involved in agroforestry research, education and extension.
Capacity Development Unit
- Capacity Development Unit
- Individual learning
- Group learning
- DAAD Scholarship 2016/17
- Learning resources
- Extension material manuals and technical handbooks
- Students management information system